Thursday, February 28, 2008
Chances are that the B N will still win but we need to send the proper signal to Pak Lah that enough is enough....
Below is the result of extreme discriminations and marginalization by the BN govt for too many years. Let's keep circulating this esp before the next election.
And today this is what happened in Malaysia racism.
These lists cover a period of about 49 years since Independence Day in Malaysia (1957):
( 1) Out of all the 5 major banks in Malaysia, only one bank is own by multi-racial, the rest are controlled by Malays.
(2) 99% of Petronas (the only one petroleum company) directors are Malays, and the former Prime Minister work as Consultant in Petronas.
(3) 3% of Petronas employees are Chinese.
(4) 99% of 2000 Petronas gasoline stations are owned by Malays.
(5) 100% all contractors working under Petronas projects must be 'bumi's status' (Malay).
(6) 0% of non-Malays staffs are legally required in Malay's companies. But there must be 30% Malays staffs in Chinese companies and shareholder. Which this mean non-Malays own company needs to give their property to Malays. An d n on-Malays citizen can't really own their business.
(7) 5% of all new intake for government police, nurses, army, is non-Malays.
(8) 2% is the present Chinese staff in Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF), drop from 40% in 1960.
(9) 2% is the percentage of non-Malays government servants in Putrajaya ( Malaysia main government office). But Malays make up 98%.
(10) 7% is the percentage of Chinese government servants in the whole government (in 2004), drop from 30% in 1960. Only 2 position for non-Malays in political status.
(11) 95% of government contracts are given to Malays; even it is an open tender. Non-Malays contractors tender the lower price and use better materials can't get the contract that government given.
(12) 100% all business licenses are controlled by Malay government e.g . Taxi permits, Approved permits, etc. and all the license are given to government officer families.
(13) 80% of the Chinese rice millers in Kedah (north of peninsular Malaysia had to be sold to Malay and controlled by Bernas (Government Org.) since 1980s. Otherwise, life is make difficult for Chinese rice millers.
(14) 100 big companies set up, owned and managed by Chinese Malaysians were taken over by government, and later managed by Malays since 1970's e.g. UTC, UMBC, MISC, etc. This company now is the sole company.
(15) At least 10 Chinese owned bus companies (throughout Malaysia,throughout 40 years) had to be sold to MARA or other Malay transport companies due to rejection by Malay authority to Chinese application for bus routes and rejection for their application for new buses.
(16) 2 Chinese taxi drivers were barred from driving in Johor (South of Peninsular Malaysia ) Larkin bus station. There are about 30 taxi drivers and 3 are Chinese in October 2004. Spoiling taxi club properties was the reason given.
(17) 0 non-Malays are allowed to get shop lots in the new Muar (city in south peninsular Malaysia ) bus station (November 2004).
(18) 8000 billions ringgit is the total amount the government chan neled to Malays pockets through ASB, ASN, MARA, privatization of government agencies like Tabung Haji etc, through NEP over 34 years periods.
(19) 48 Chinese primary schools closed down since 1968 â¤' 2000
(20) 144 Tamil primary schools closed down since 1968 - 2000
(21) 2637 Malay primary schools built since 1968 - 2000
(22) 2.5% is government budget for Chinese primary schools. Tamil schools got only 1%, Malay schools got 96.5%
(23) While a Chinese parent with RM1000 salary (monthly) cannot get school-text-book-loan, and a Malay parent with RM2000 salary is eligible.
(24) 10 all public universities vice chan cellors are Malays. And politics in universities are held by Malays. If non-Malays want to form a politics parties, there is no way to get approved. (25) 5% - the government universities lecturers of non-Malay origins had been reduced from about 70% in 1965 to only 5% in 2004 with the reason Malaysia Education Ministry give full support for Malays only.
(26) Only 5% is given to non-Malays for government scholarships over 40 years.
(27) 0 Chinese or Indians were sent to Japan and Korea under 'Look East Policy'.
(28) 128 STPM (High Study / A Level) Chinese top students coul d n ot get into the course that they aspired i.e. Medicine and doctors (in 2004). Malays with not qualify result can get into the course.
(29) 10% place for non-bumi students for MARA science schools beginning from year 2003, but only 7% are filled. Before that it was 100% Malays.
(30) 50 cases whereby Chinese and Indian Malaysians, are beaten up in the National Service program since 2003.
(31) 25% is Malaysian Chinese population in 2004, drop from 45% since 1957 because government are not support non-Malays like government support Malays.
(32) 7% is the present Malaysian Indians population (2004), a drop from 12% since 1957.
(33) 2 millions Chinese Malaysians had emigrated to overseas since 40 years ago due to unfair politics.
(34) 0.5 million Indians Malaysians had emigrated to overseas.
(35) 3 millions Indonesians had migrated into Malaysia and became malaysian citizens with bumi's status.
(36) 600000 are the Chinese and Indians Malaysians with 'red I/C' (a temporary identity card) and were rejected repeatedly when applying for citizenship for 40 years. Perhaps 60% of them had already passed away due to old age. This shows racism of how easily Indonesians got their citizenships compare with the Chinese and Indians
(37) 5% - 15% discount for a Malay to buy a house, regardless whether the Malay is rich or poor
(38) 2% is what Chinese new villages get compare with 98% of what Malays villages got for rural development budget..
(39) 50 roa d n ames (at least) had been chan ge from Chinese names to other names.
(40) 1 Dewan Gan Boon Le ong (in Malacca) was altered to other name ( e.g.Dewan Serbaguna or sort) when it was being officially used for a few days. Government tries to shun Chinese names. This racism happened in around year 2000 or sort.
(41) 0 temples/churches were built for each housing estate. But every housing estate MUST got at least one mosque/surau built.
(42) 3000 mosques/surau were built in all housing estates throughout Malaysia since 1970 with full government support. No temples, no churches are built in housing estates that supported by government.
(43) 1 Catholic Church in Shah Alam took 20 years to apply to be constructed. But told by Malay authority that it must look like a factory and can't look like a church. Still not yet approved since 2004.
(44) 1 publishing of Bible in Iban language banned (in 2002)
(45) 0 of the government TV stations (RTM1, RTM2, and TV3) have directors of non-Malays origin.
(46) 30 government produced TV dramas and films always showed that the bad guys had Chinese face, and the good guys had Malay face. You can check it out since 1970s. Recent years, this tendency becomes less.
(47) 10 times, at least, Malays (especially Umno) had threatened to massacre the Chinese Malaysians using May 13 since 1969.
(48) 20 constituencies won by DAP woul d n ot get funds from the government to develop. Or these Chinese majority constituencies would be the last to be developed
(49) 100 constituencies (parliaments and states) had been racist re-delineated so Chinese voters were diluted that Chinese candidates, particularly DAP candidates lost in election since 1970s
(50) Only 3 out of 12 human rights items are ratified by Malaysia government since 1960
(51) 0 elimination of, all forms of racial discrimination (UN Human Rights)is not ratified by Malaysia government since 1960s
(52) 20 reported cases whereby Malay ambulance attendance treated Chinese patients inhumanely, and Malay government hospital staffs purposely delay attending to Chinese patients in 2003. Unreported cases may be 200
(53) 50 cases each year whereby Chinese, especially Chinese youths being beaten up by Malay youths in public places. We may check at police reports provided the police took the report, otherwise there will be no record
(54) 20 cases every year whereby Chinese drivers who accidentally knocked down Malays were seriously assaulted or killed by Malays
(55) 12% is what ASB/ASN (Malays Own banks) got per annum while banks fixed deposit is only about 3.5% per annum.
And more cases haven't been discovered.
So, if any Malaysian read this mail and got extra opinion please add into this mail and forward to everyone who feel this is unfair to other race in Malaysia ..
Your forward mail will be much appreciated.
FIGHT FOR YOUR OWN RACE....
Malaysian Race Humanity 2006
this is a mail i've received.... i'm so touched by the truth... so i'm poasting this on my blog... spread the WORD!!!
well... it's definitely not like we(those who r not chinese malay) wanna raise this racism issue... but definiteleee the government itself is juz a pile of crap... a lot of the local universities students... basicalleee the malays are totalleee not qualified for their spot there... n yet they're always complainin tat they don get a job after they graduated university... come to think about it... they're not qualified 2 even graduate... imagine... i was in college... a private one... n they hired a local graduated lecturer n he's also on his way to b the head of department... n yet the way he teach us was.. he photocopied a pile of notes then he juz read straight fr it in class... n when he come across words tat he duno... he actualleee turned to me n asked me how to read it and wut does it mean... well... hello??!~ i paid to learn fr u... so m i supposed to teach there? this is juz total crap!
n its so freakin unfair when non-malays are showin their angst on how they're being treated unfairly n end up bein beaten up... while malays r free to do tat... n i realleee dun understand wut more do they need to complain when the government is totalleee behind their back... guess they're neva satisfied wif wut they have!~
those tsunami victims in penang... they used to stay in these wooden homes... n now their homes r gone... the government give them this seaside apartment... how nice can they be?!
n its true definitelee BN is gonna win the election... how can they not win? they've the whole army n government workers vote for them... it's compulsory for them to vote for BN!!! my god... is tat freedom of speech n choice here?
n definiteleee there r the ignorants, the contented n the lazy ones... they're afraid of changes or rather used to the way it is... n definiteleee they'll b votin for the same party or not vote at all...
anyway leave this place!!! cause it's not goin anywhere!!!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Connects via WiFi to your online bank account, and donates YOUR real money to an organization you HATE when you decide to snooze!
For years the masses have told you that if you snooze you lose. You never believed them. You held your head high and slept in whenever you wanted to, always without fear of loss. Well, dear friends, the times have changed. The ingenious sages at ThinkGeek Labs(TM) have finally created the Ultimate weapon against snoozing - the SnūzNLūz(TM). People who enjoy sleeping in are cowering in fear all across the globe - it's finally true, when you snooze, you lose!
ThinkGeek, it sounds great! But how does it really work?
Glad you asked....it's quite simple actually. The SnūzNLūz uses the very complex psychological phenomemon known as 'HATRED'. Basically it's human nature to wish harm upon your enemies. Similarly, it's human nature not to give your enemies gobs of cash so that they can grow big and dominate the world with their totally wrong, stupid and invalid point of view. ThinkGeek realized that. That's why everytime you hit the snooze button, the SnūzNLūz will donate a specified amount of your real money to a non-profit you hate. The problem of sleeping in is solved.
And it's easy to setup and use too! Just plug your SnūzNLūz in and either connect it to your network via the RJ45 jack on the back, or via WiFi (WPA supported) if available. Then simply configure via the embedded web browser configuration utility. From here it's a snap. Simply select your online banking institution from the list of supported banks (currently over 1600 are supported). Supply your login information and then select your favorite HATED charity or non-profit from the included lists (over 6200 currently supported). Then plug in your donation amount per snooze incident ($10 or more), set the time, and alarm, and voila, instant time profit!
Common Usage Suggestions!
Are you a butcher? Set your SnūzNLūz to donate to PETA
Are you a republican? Set your SnūzNLūz to donate to the ACLU!
Are you a land developer? Set your SnūzNLūz to donate to the Wilderness Society!
Enjoy your freedom? (Blue state version) Set your SnūzNLūz to donate to the GOP. or
Enjoy your freedom? (Red state version) Set your SnūzNLūz to donate to MoveOn.Org
Are you a hippie? Set your SnūzNLūz to donate to the American Coal Foundation.
Are you a Ninja? Set your SnūzNLūz to donate to, hrrrm, we can't find a Pirate Charity at the moment. But there must be one...somewhere...anyways, the point is it's easy to setup once you identify your enemy!
Never before, except for that one time, has a product created the potential for so much time profit in the world. And we are so sure that you'll never snooze again, we've created a very special promise. We promise you'll never snooze again with SnūzNLūz or you'll eventually go broke. It's that simple.
Action Figure Theatre
Hong Kong 68
Low Fidelity Cat Dream
The Type Writer
Motion Leo's Song
Located in Portland, Oregon, Impactist is the collaborative work of married directors Kelly Meador and Daniel Elwing. Our work is a hybrid of real and synthetic elements and concepts involving different methods of creating from live action production to hand drawn animation.
Dan McPharlin created these brilliant miniature sets.... they're incredibly cute... and detailed definiteleee... i realleee admire the patience he has... cause i can't even make a detail cardboard model for my own works... the frustration kills!!! anyway to see more of he works... click on the link on the title~
bigger, better, louder, cooler
Sometimes bigger IS really better, especially when it comes to sound.
That’s why we took a puny pair of earbuds, put them in Fred’s highly
technical Way Big machine, and created 500XL - it’s 500 times the size
of the original! How great will these look on your desktop alongside your
mp3 player or PC? 500XL includes a built-in amp and 3-way power -
it runs on batteries; you can connect it to your PC’s USB port with the
supplied cord; or plug it into the wall with a generic power supply
(not included). The stand-up, peggable clamshell packaging really
makes a statement.
In the natural world, the chameleon blends in perfectly with its background.
In the urban jungle, Desiree Palmen decided to attempt the same visual deception.
And as these pictures show, the effect is amazing.
Miss Palmen, a 44-year-old Dutch artist, uses a method that requires a huge amount of effort and attention to detail.She makes cotton suits and paints the camouflage on by hand, painstakingly matching it to the chosen background. Either she or a model then poses in the suit in the chosen place.
The scenes are photographed and filmed and then put on display.
"People always react strongly when they see my work," she said.
"They have mixed reactions: confusion, surprise and interest."
She added: "Mostly people like the idea of wearing garments that make them invisible."
It takes hours for her to paint the suits. First she takes photographs of the scene then, back in the studio, she meticulously transfers the detail on to the cotton suit with acrylic paints.
The match of colour, texture, light and hue is extraordinarily accurate but the artist remains modest.
"It's never perfect," she said. "But when it works that's enough for me. I like the fact people can see it's a real person in a suit and not a fake digital image."
She regularly displays her works on the streets of Jerusalem, Rotterdam and Berlin.
She has produced exterior and interior shots - in the latter she blends in with a bookcase, a desk and a flight of stairs.
She got the idea for her unusual art from the increasing use of "Big Brother" surveillance.
She said: "I'd like people to consider what it means to let the government control our daily lives.
"When we are controlled we hand over our individual responsibilities to the state. I wanted to make a suit for the non-criminal citizen whose house is being watched 24 hours by street surveillance cameras. I'm also responding to a wish to disappear."
Miss Palmen, who studied sculpture at The Academy of Art in Maastricht, sells her pictures for around £1,500.
She has enjoyed success at dozens of exhibitions around Europe but has yet to bring her work to Britain.
She finds that children are often fascinated by her work.
"There was one little boy in Jerusalem who kept coming back to the camouflaged figure over and over again," she said.
One night only!
If you hunger for an audio-visual experience or in the mood for something different, here it is!
Needless to say, this is going to be THE sound event of 08 in Malaysia, featuring an international cast and culminating with a spectacular audio-visual laser light show by Robin Fox.
Robin Fox (Australia)
Ang Song Ming (Singapore)
Akta Angkasa (Malaysia)
EMACM Collective (Malaysia)
When : 26th Feb 08, Tuesday, 8:00pm
Where : Annexe, Central Market, KL.
Entry: RM 18
Not to be missed!
Link to flyer :
Official video for 'Hologram World' by Tiny Masters Of Today. Directed by Karen O and Barney Clay aka Kids with Canes.
Working together as "Kids with Canes" the directing team of Karen O and Barney Clay have produced "Hologram World", a Zombie-filled, Kung Fu-tastic, Splatter Spectacular of epic proportions! The video features a stellar cast of adults including Karen, Nick, and Brian from Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Mike D from the Beastie Boys, Gibby Haynes (Butthole Surfers), Russell Simins (JSBX) and Sam James (The Mooney Suzuki) in a trans-generational zombie battle with the diminutive sibling rockers and a veritable army of budding juvenile delinquents
Friday, February 22, 2008
The "I do not exist" Workshop offers children a basis introduction to what design is and its importance within our environment. Through the children being involved in within the Workshop they would gain a basis understanding of what the disciplines are and how they intertwine with one another. This knowledge would make them begin to identify the importance of design and the benefits of pursuing a career within this field of work.
In collaboration with Kieren Dickins
D&AD Global Student Awards. In Book 'What Else Do You Do?'
Wooden Postcard. Blank for your message
carve your own card in solid wood!
Wooden postcard ready for you to hand carve your own message of love.
Send a truly unique card to the one you love. We suggest a good old fashioned heart pierced with Cupids arrow and decorated with the initials of yourself and the object of your affections! Soft and lightweight, easy to scratch in your design (with keys or similar) and easy to post.
Made from solid wood.
Warning! Please scratch your message with care, we don't want you to hurt yourself.
Design by Julie Teninbaum and Drus Dryden.
kozyndan are Los Angeles based mad scientists. they are working on a secret formula for controlled nuclear fusion, and are creating a line of edible chickens. For fun they like to take long deep breaths and dip their heads into bowls of rasberry jelly and lemon curd. They live indoors and don't paint on walls. the couple also moonlights as freelance illustrators.
A moving tale from Suzie Templeton about a young boy who, grieving for his dead mother, seeks reassurance from his father.
5’ 38” • Royal College of Art • 2001
Edinburgh International Film Festival 2001, Scotland: MCLAREN AWARD FOR NEW BRITISH ANIMATION
Ottawa International Student Animation Festival 2001, Canada: NATIONAL FILM BOARD OF CANADA GRAND PRIZE
FAN International Short Film and Animation Festival 2001, Norwich, England : CINEWOMEN AWARD FOR BEST FEMALE DIRECTOR
Royal Television Society National Student Television Awards 2001, England: BEST ANIMATION
British Academy of Film and Television Arts, 2002: BAFTA – SHORT ANIMATION
British Animation Awards 2002: PAUL BERRY AWARD FOR BEST STUDENT FILM
California SUN International Animation Festival 2002, USA: BEST EXPERIMENTAL ANIMATION
Brooklyn Film Festival, 2002, USA: BEST ANIMATION
Worldfest Houston, 2002, USA: BRONZE AWARD
Dervio International Cartoons and Comics Festival 2002, Italy: GRAND PRIX, VINCITORE DEL FESTIVAL
Melbourne International Animation Festival 2002, Australia: BEST OVERALL FILM
Palm Springs International Festival of Short Films, 2002, USA: BEST STUDENT ANIMATION
Hiroshima International Animation Festival, 2002, Japan: HIROSHIMA PRIZE
D&AD/Campaign Screen New Directors Competition 2002, England: WINNER - PROFESSIONAL CATEGORY
Holland Animation Festival, Utrecht 2002, Holland: ANYZONE AWARD
Holland Animation Festival, Utrecht 2002, Holland: NARRATIVE GRAND PRIX
Siena Film Festival 2002, Italy: GRAND PRIX
Black Nights Film Festival 2002, Tallinn, Estonia: BEST STORY
Tampere Film Festival 2003, Finland: BEST ANIMATION
7’ 01” • SIADUC • 1999
The Halloween Film and Video Society ‘Love 2000’ event, London, England: PRIZEWINNER - THE AUDIENCE VOTE
The World Animation Celebration 2000, California, USA: 2ND PRIZE - ‘BEST WORK PRODUCED BY A STUDENT’
Nashville Independent Film Festival 2000, Nashville, USA: 1ST PRIZE - ‘BEST COLLEGE STUDENT ANIMATION’
International Film Festival Cinema Jove 2000, Valencia, Spain: 3RD PRIZE ‘LUNA DE BRONCE’ - ‘SHORT FILM COMPETITION’
Dervio International Cartoons and Comics Festival 2000, Italy: GRAND PRIX, VINCITORE DEL FESTIVAL
NextFrame: UFVA’s Touring Festival of International Student Film and Video 2000, USA: Prizewinning finalist in competition
Hamptons International Film Festival 2000, USA: PRIZEWINNER - One of ten films screened in the HIFF Student Film Showcase
Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival 2000, USA: 1ST PRIZE - ‘BEST STUDENT ANIMATION’
International Short Film Festival ‘Der Eisenstein’ 2000, Germany: JURY PRIZE
FAN 2000 International Short Film and Animation Festival , Norwich, England: 1ST PRIZE - ‘BEST STUDENT ANIMATION’
Interfilm Berlin International Short Film Festival 2000, Berlin, Germany: ‘BEST ANIMATION’ PRIZE
Ann Arbor Film Festival and Tour 2001, USA: ‘DOUG WANDREI’ AWARD FOR BEST LIGHTING DESIGN
California SUN International Animation Festival 2001, USA: ‘GOLDEN SUN’ AWARD - BEST OF THE FESTIVAL
Bare Bones 2001 International Independent Film Festival, USA: ‘BEST ANIMATION’ PRIZE
Malaga Fantasy Film Festival 2002, Spain: BEST SHORT ANIMATION